VIDEO: TupeloDesignsLLC DT: Handmade Holiday: Day 10 ~ Tropical Christmas featuring MFT

Happy Friday to you!  I cannot believe we are officially only one week away from Christmas!  I haven't even started shopping yet.  Oye!  I'm usually done before Thanksgiving.  That Disney World vacation really threw off my groove.  Totally worth it though!  Today I have a super fun, completely non-traditional Christmas card for you.  I was inspired by the Birds of Paradise stamp set I received in my TupeloDesignsLLC December Design Team package and I challenged myself to use it to create a holiday card.  So I immediately thought of the song "Mele Kalikimaka" and it was a match made in tropical heaven!


I used the Winter Snowflake Lace stencil from Memory Box (TDLLC DT package goodie!) and several colors of Distress Inks to create a gorgeous rainbow snowstorm background.  I was so pleased with how this came out!  This stencil is so detailed and every single detail turned out perfect.  It is just stunning in real life!

  
The colorful parrot is from the Birds of Paradise stamp set and I colored him in using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  I just love these puppies!  And the color stays so vibrant, which is just what I needed to create a tropical Christmas!  I combined some stamp sets and pulled some holiday elements from two different Lawn Fawn stamp sets to Christmas-ify my parrot.  Finally, I created the custom sentiment with Milo's ABCs from Lawn Fawn.  Throw in some finishing details like Glossy Accents, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins in every size, and, of course, Wink of Stella and you got yourself a tropical holiday!  


For a full tutorial check out the video below.  Also, don't forget to take advantage of free shipping on orders over $15 over at TupeloDesignsLLC through the end of December!  Lots of holiday goodies on sale right now, too!  Thanks so much for joining me!  I'll be back soon with Day 11 of the Handmade Holiday series (almost done!).  Have a great evening!  Bye!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES
All links are to TupeloDesignsLLC

1 comment

  1. Such a pretty card Tara. I LOVE that snowflakes stencil its gorgeous. Great job!
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete